Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v23qrk$1b2j5$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Additions to the iOS/Android Features Document
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 14:25:56 +1200

On 2024-05-16 02:03:40 +0000, Jan K. said:

> W Wed, 15 May 2024 17:10:24 -0700, sms napisal:
>
>> Quite a few updates to the document recently.
>>
>> iOS Features
>> ------------
>> 54i eSIM Transfer Between iPhones  55i Convert physical SIM to eSIM
>> 56i Satellite SOS on iPhone 14 and 15 models.
>> Android Features
>> ----------------
>> 226a. Ability to disable the use of cell towers, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi
>> when determining location.  227a. Change the "Wake" Word for Google
>> Assistant  228a. Migrating Apps to a New Device  229a. Ability to
>> Generate a List of All Apps on Device  230a. Data Measurement, Data
>> Warnings, and Data Stops  231a. PDANet Support for Hotspot on Plans
>> with No Hotspot  232a. MMS (Photos & Group Text) Support on AT&T MVNOs
>> 56 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had &
>> 232 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish they Had
>> <https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>
>> 123 Pages of Extensively Referenced Information with Hundreds of Citations
>
> That's a well researched list of differences between the platforms.
>
> The ability to list the apps to a file is useful because most of the APK
> organizers ask you if you want to create a URL out of that list, so you can
> send it to other people (or use it yourself) by just clicking on the Google
> Play Store links to each app on your system.
> It's very convenient & efficient for archiving your apps and for migration.
>
> Migrating the apps is a big feature of Android, as the original APK is
> stored on the device for every app installed, even default system apps.
>
> This is useful when the app is no longer on the Google Play Store (which
> happens) or if the version you like is no longer on the Google Play Store
> (which happens even more often). You'll never lose your app APK this way.
>
> Unfortunately, iOS can't do any of that, and it's all automated on Android.
>
> So you always have the original APK and it always works on another phone.
> The only problem is the APK for every app is named "base.apk" but the app
> extractors take care of the renaming base.apk to the original app names.
>
> The app extractors copy & rename that APK which you can then use on any
> Android phone. With iOS, the IPA isn't saved on the device so you have to
> manually save it using iTunes and even then it won't work on any phone.
>
> You can also migrate the exact placement of each folder and app icons
> (shortcuts) with Android, such as how Nova will save your entire homescreen
> to a file which can be read into any other phone for the exact placement.
>
> If the app isn't yet installed, there are no worries. the launcher takes
> care of that by graying out the icon which when you tap on it, it goes and
> gets the correct app off the Google Play Store (or whatever store you want
> to get it from).
> On the new phone, you don't do anything but load the homescreen saved file
> [...]

[iPhone newsgroup creosspost removed]

If you want to use an iPhone, use an iPhone.
If you want to use an Android phone, use an Android phone.

If a personal choice.

Idiot trolls continually whining on about what the iPhone *supposedly*
can't do are not wanted in the iPhone newsgroup. Take your pointless
crap elsewhere.

Another moronic troll joins the killfile.  :-\