Article <v254q3$1k0tq$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v254q3$1k0tq$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Termination analyzer defined ---RICHARD IS WRONG !!!
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 09:21:54 -0500

On 5/16/2024 5:02 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-05-15 14:55:26 +0000, olcott said:

>>> The main topic (per OP) is the definition of "termination analyzer".
>>> Whether someone is wrong about aomeone else is a secondary topic if
>>> a topic at all, and pretty poitless anyway.
>>>

>> One can analyze whether a specific program will halt with a specific
>> input.
>
> True but irrelevant. A termination analyser analyses a program without
> any knowledge about specific inputs.

*If the halting problem is refuted by this then IT IS NOT IRRELEVANT*

We are merely haggling over what to call it, not that the idea is
of no value. H is a termination analyzer that correctly analyzes whether
or not a certain set of C function/input pairs will halt. Here are two
examples:

void Infinite_Recursion(u32 N)
{
   Infinite_Recursion(N);