Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v25pjs$1957$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Additions to the iOS/Android Features Document
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 20:17:01 -0000 (UTC)

badgolferman wrote on Thu, 16 May 2024 20:10:00 -0000 (UTC) :

>>Why would you want to take calls on a laptop? Also, the Windows Phone
>>Link, and also KDE Connect can do that, I am quite sure.
>
> When you're sitting in bed or on the couch with your iPad and the phone
> rings, you don't have to go find your phone to answer it.  It will ring
> and you can answer it right in bed.  My mother and wife who can never
> find their phones or have them in their purses use this feature all the
> time.

Android does the same things if you're willing to create an account as all
it needs is the Internet to do this - it has nothing to do with Apple.

The only reason Apple has it by default is you've created an account by
default, and you're always logged into that account, by default.

But Android has had this for years - which is one of the reasons I say that
Steve's document is pretty good - but Steve doesn't know Android well.

Unfortunately, Steve will never fix his document, which is one thing nospam
said that is true as I've emailed Steve in the past this information.