Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v27s50$28323$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-16 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 08:12:31 -0700

On 5/17/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

I ran quite late at work yesterday, and didn't get home until about 7pm,
so all I got through was:

soaps: GH - Wed's ep. This was mostly a snooze, at it was the lead-up to
Brook Lynn's and Chase's wedding, and basically everything was all
lovey-dovey (e.g. Brooke Lynn and Tracy shared a nice moment together).
But, at the end, Gregory started trying to officiate the wedding, but
seemed to have an ALS attack - that was the cliffhanger.

My Nanny Stole My Life (LMN) - I have to give them credit - they fooled
me on this one. This played out for most of its run like it's exactly
what you think it is (the ads even strongly implied it), but they throw
a serious wrench into things at the end.
    I did not like that, for about the 20 minutes before the film's
mid-point, the "heroine" in this one (Katerina Eichenberger) laid down
and took it, when both before and after this she was so sure she was
right about the nanny's (Caroline Codd) EVOL!!1! and that she wasn't crazy.
    I also didn't care for the obvious misdirection of the nanny taking
on the heroine's *exact look* (why hide Codd's beautiful red hair under
a wig?!!) - in every other Lifetime flick with this trope, when the
"EVOL girl" takes on the exact same look as the heroine, it's a sure bet
that she's a psycho killer out to "replace" the heroine!!
    Finally, the husband (Jonathan Stoddard) was such an unsupportive
dope throughout this that I was hoping the heroine would dump his ass at
the end!
    But, overall, I enjoyed this one, even if the ending did seem like a
ginormous bait-and-switch.

What did you watch?