Article <v281r5$29h8q$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v281r5$29h8q$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Nature of undecidable halting ---Handling undecidable inputs
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 11:49:40 -0500
 <v1k0ts$iuna$1@i2pn2.org> <v1k381$14mbi$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1labh$kf53$1@i2pn2.org> <v1lfnq$1e7af$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1lh1g$kf52$4@i2pn2.org> <v1lmo1$1g1mj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1luu1$lbo5$3@i2pn2.org> <v1lvuo$1i47i$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1m1bf$lbo5$4@i2pn2.org> <v1m2hc$1ijhr$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1m31m$lbo4$1@i2pn2.org> <v1m4et$1iv85$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1m5co$lbo4$2@i2pn2.org> <v1m71h$1jnpi$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1m7mh$lbo5$5@i2pn2.org> <v1mb8f$1kgpl$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1mkf8$lbo5$7@i2pn2.org> <v1mkmm$1q5ee$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1na6f$1ugl0$1@dont-email.me> <v1o67n$24f4c$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1q1ie$2l40t$1@dont-email.me> <v1q9fp$qb0p$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v1qmq8$2prs6$1@dont-email.me> <v1qouc$2qb2s$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1vbpd$3gbc$1@dont-email.me> <v1vslr$7enr$1@dont-email.me>
 <v21qdm$op3a$1@dont-email.me> <v22j1j$u8vi$3@dont-email.me>
 <v24nv1$1h2lu$1@dont-email.me> <v2517g$171b6$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v27a3j$24sav$1@dont-email.me>

On 5/17/2024 5:04 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-05-16 13:20:48 +0000, joes said:

>>> That does not satisfy the usual definition of "halt decider". However,
>>> we could accept that as a solution to the halting problem if one could
>>> prove that there is a Turing machine that can indicate halting or
>>> non-halting that way for all computations.
>>>
>>> However, it is possible to prove that every Turing machine that
>>> indicates halting that way fails to indicate correctly at least some
>>> computations.
>>
>> Are these all of the liar paradox kind, such that one could easily
>> exclude them? Or do they form a more interesting class?
>
> The discussions hera are mainly about the liar paradox or Quine paradox
> kind. They ara not always easy to exclude, and one can always modify the
> code so that exclusion becomes harder but behaviour remanis the same.

Expressions that are {true on the basis of meaning} are ONLY
(a) A set of finite string semantic meanings that form an accurate model
     of the general knowledge of the actual world.

(b) Expressions derived by applying truth preserving operations to (a).

The above algorithm specifies True(L,x) and False(L,x) defined
as True(L, ~x).

The above expressions include all of expressions of math, logic and
computations specified as finite strings. The above True(L,x) combined
with False(L,x) seems to screen out any any all undecidable inputs.
Truthbearer(L,x) ≡ (True(L,x) ∨ False(L,x)) else type mismatch error.