Article <v2855m$2a6vf$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2855m$2a6vf$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: Every D correctly simulated by H never reaches its final state
 and halts
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 12:46:29 -0500

On 5/17/2024 11:00 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-05-17 15:30:01 +0000, olcott said:

>>> Note that olcott defines 'verified fact' as 'proven fact', but he is
>>> unable to show the proof. So, it must be read as 'my belief'.
>>
>> It is self-evidently true to anyone having sufficient knowledge
>> of the semantics of the C programming language.
>
> No, it isn't, because the C code of H is not shown.

*I DON'T KNOW WHY I MUST REPEAT THIS HUNDREDS OF TIMES*
The C code that <is> shown provides the template for the
infinite set of every D correctly simulated by H.

> The actual
> implementation of H as decribed in some earlier messages is
> not fully encoded in standard C, so in order to understand the
> behaviour of D one needs to know and understand something that
> is not given as a C code and therefore not understandable from
> mere knowing the C language definition.

*SUFFICIENTLY KNOWING THE SEMANTICS OF C*
*SUFFICIENTLY KNOWING THE SEMANTICS OF C*
*SUFFICIENTLY KNOWING THE SEMANTICS OF C*

I could cast uint32_t to and from the various function pointer
types yet this is more difficult for people to understand.
I got complaints about this.
It is simpler and easier to do this: typedef int (*ptr)();