Article <v28v13$2euur$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v28v13$2euur$1@dont-email.me>

From: sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Nice Bike to Work Day yesterday.
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 18:07:44 -0700

Nice Bike to Work Day was yesterday. First time since the company I work
for changed locations that I rode in. A longer ride than our old office
but a good route, about one third of it on a creekside MUP.

Very Silicon Valley route. Rode by Apple’s HQ, Nvidia’s HQ, and Intel’s
HQ. Some decent swag being given out, but Apple had no presence this
year and the food this year was mediocre.

So glad that bicycle infrastructure continues to expand and improve with
more separated bike lanes and more multi-use paths.

Remote-working really appears to have affected bicycle commuting, with
those persons most likely to have commuted by bicycle also the most
likely to come into the office less frequently.

It was really sad to see the enormous quantity of empty office space.
Trump’s botched pandemic response ended up causing a huge decline in the
commercial office space market.