Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v28vsf$2evg5$3@dont-email.me>

From: sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Additions to the iOS/Android Features Document
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 18:22:21 -0700

On 5/17/2024 12:34 PM, Frank Slootweg wrote:

<snip>

>    For portable storage, it's much easier to plug a (compatible)
> memory-stick into the USB or Lightning port. There are many such
> memory-sticks, most with dual plugs of different types (USB-A, USB-C,
> Micro-USB, Lightning). Yes, more expensive than a MicroSD card, but
> much, much more convenient.

And then carry around a separate device?!

If you like to store large quantities of photos, music or audiobooks or
video content on your phone then the MicroSD card expansion is great.
That said, none of the phones I currently use have a MicroSD card slot.

You're pretty much limited to very low end phones if you want a MicroSD
card slot and/or a headphone jack, with the exception of the Sony XPERIA
phones (which can cost more than an iPhone Pro Max model).