Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v29ejp$2l17g$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Copper can't be mined fast enough to electrify the US
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 15:33:33 +1000

On 18/05/2024 2:36 am, John Larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2024 05:04:00 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Copper can't be mined fast enough to electrify the US
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/05/240515164309.htm
>> Source:
>> University of Michigan
>> to transition the country's electricity and vehicle infrastructure to renewable energy,
>> according to a new study.
>>
>> OK, alternatives:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind-powered_vehicle

<snip>

> Did I miss any?

Who cares?

> The battery thing may have peaked. Manufacturers are leasing underused
> parking lots and airports to store unsold cars.

Manufacturers are always optimistic.A decline in the rate of growth of
the market might precede an actual decline in numbers sold, but probably
won't.

The bottom line is that electric cars offer more miles per joule than
carbon-burning competition, so they are cheaper to run.

John Larkin is a gullible sucker for climate change denial propaganda,
funded by the people who are trying to sell carbon as fuel, so he's
unconscious of the other motivation that moves people over to electric cars.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney