Article <v29md5$2mf7b$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v29md5$2mf7b$1@dont-email.me>

From: Mikko <mikko.levanto@iki.fi>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: True on the basis of meaning --- Tarski
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 10:46:45 +0300
References: <v1mljr$1q5ee$4@dont-email.me> <v1mnuj$lbo5$12@i2pn2.org> <v1mp1l$1qr5e$4@dont-email.me> <v1mpsh$lbo4$6@i2pn2.org> <v1ms2o$1rkit$1@dont-email.me> <v1prtb$2jtsh$1@dont-email.me> <v1qjb1$2ouob$2@dont-email.me> <v1qnfv$2q0t7$1@dont-email.me> <v1qtnk$2rdui$2@dont-email.me> <v1t8d5$3gu9t$1@dont-email.me> <v1va5a$355t$1@dont-email.me> <v1vvbv$825a$1@dont-email.me> <v21sin$p84q$1@dont-email.me> <v25ajr$1l575$1@dont-email.me> <v27umt$28rvg$1@dont-email.me> <v2843j$29rd7$4@dont-email.me>

On 2024-05-17 17:28:19 +0000, olcott said:

> On 5/17/2024 10:56 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> Epistemological antinomies have no truth value and implication
>>> requires a pair of truth bearers that have a Boolean value thus
>>> your expression is rejected as a type mismatch error.
>>
>> So if X is true and Y something complicated we cannot trust that
>> X or Y is true without analyzing that Y?
>>

> The lack of any sequence of truth preserving operations from
> expressions of language that have been stipulated to be true
> --set of finite string semantic meanings that form an accurate
> --model of the general knowledge of the actual world.
> to x or ~x indicates that x is not a truth bearer and must
> be rejected as a type mismatch error in any formal system of
> bivalent logic.
>
> *This seems to screen out any any all undecidable inputs*

In my example X is one of those statements that are true according
to what is said above. Y is a syntactically correct formulat but
so compicated that to determine its truth value would require a
considerable effort.

I asked whether one must analyze Y in order to determine whether
X or Y is true. You didn't answer.

--
Mikko