Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2aev3$2qt6f$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-15 (Wednesday)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 07:45:55 -0700

On 5/18/24 1:50 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> And just got fired from the franchise
>>>
>>> She’s as dead as Gina Carano.
>>>
>>> I think I’m about eight SCREAM movies behind.
>>
>> Scream is a solid franchise.  Wes Craven directed the first 4 movies.
>> The only subpar one is 3 and there were some behind the scenes issues
>> with the writer that caused that movie's problems.  If you've never
>> watched Scream it is beyond worth watching.  If you like it, keep going.
>
> I know I saw the first and I think I saw the second. Maybe number three is
> where I quit.

I've been meaning to rewatch 1, and maybe 2, at some point. They're on
Max right now.

Arthur is right - "3" is the worst of the lot. I didn't like it when I
saw it in the theater. So I'm ambivalent - stuck between not wanting to
rewatch it and wanting to rewatch it to see if it's as bad as I remember.

I liked "4" quite a bit (it is chock full of hotties!!), even though it
(co-)stars Emma Roberts.

"5" and "6" are OK - frankly, Melissa Barrera is kind of weak as a lead.
But they are propped up, esp. "6", by having Jenna Ortega.