Article <v2ahc9$2rekn$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2ahc9$2rekn$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: Is Richard a Liar?
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 10:27:04 -0500
 <v1m71h$1jnpi$1@dont-email.me> <v1m7mh$lbo5$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v1mb8f$1kgpl$1@dont-email.me> <v1mkf8$lbo5$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v1mkmm$1q5ee$1@dont-email.me> <v1o67n$24f4c$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1vslr$7enr$1@dont-email.me> <v1vuor$24b2$1@news.muc.de>
 <v200u2$8dd9$1@dont-email.me> <v202k0$8q16$1@dont-email.me>
 <v20654$9o07$1@dont-email.me> <v2086v$a4tr$1@dont-email.me>
 <v208db$a6jn$1@dont-email.me> <v20ak6$an12$1@dont-email.me>
 <v20b6v$akk9$1@dont-email.me> <v20eg6$bn7u$1@dont-email.me>
 <v20eqg$bki0$2@dont-email.me> <v20g5p$c1lu$1@dont-email.me>
 <v20gld$c8gh$1@dont-email.me> <v21k9m$nao2$1@dont-email.me>
 <v22f9e$tjgs$1@dont-email.me> <v22i3t$u5vc$1@dont-email.me>
 <v22nq4$ven4$1@dont-email.me> <v22uc5$10vef$1@dont-email.me>
 <v22vh7$11dig$2@dont-email.me> <v231gd$11ppa$1@dont-email.me>
 <v234r2$12odu$1@dont-email.me> <v24ji9$1g1d8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2582h$1kais$6@dont-email.me> <v29qdc$2n2pf$3@dont-email.me>

On 5/18/2024 3:55 AM, immibis wrote:
> On 16/05/24 17:17, olcott wrote:
>> On 5/16/2024 4:27 AM, Mikko wrote:
>>> On 2024-05-15 20:10:10 +0000, olcott said:
>>>
>>> No, but it would strongly support the idea that the errors in your
>>> claims are not C programming errors. And even less that 10,000 would
>>> be enough for that. Pernaps three.
>>>

>> Two people with a masters degrees in computer science and two
>> other people in C forums agreed that D simulated by H cannot
>> possibly reach its own line 06 and halt.
>>

> what about D not-simulated by H?

What about the price of tea in China?

Please stay on topic I wasted 15 years with
Ben's change-the-subject rebuttal.

We can get to D not-simulated by H only after
we have mutual agreement of D simulated by H.

My use of the Socratic method requires building
from and maintaining mutual agreement.

> H is a not-simulator so that is the
> question you should be asking.

typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
00 int H(ptr x, ptr y);
01 int D(ptr x)
02 {
03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
04   if (Halt_Status)
05     HERE: goto HERE;
06   return Halt_Status;
07 }
08
09 int main()
10 {
11   H(D,D);
12   return 0;
13 }

In the above case a simulator is an x86 emulator that correctly emulates
at least one of the x86 instructions of D in the order specified by the
x86 instructions of D.

This may include correctly emulating the x86 instructions of H in the
order specified by the x86 instructions of H thus calling H(D,D) in
recursive simulation.

The key thing to note is that no D correctly simulated by any H of every
H/D pair specified by the above template ever reaches its own line 06
and halts.