Article <v2amkc$1ct7p$13@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2amkc$1ct7p$13@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: True on the basis of meaning --- Good job Richard ! ---Socratic
 method
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 12:56:44 -0400
 <v1s25g$38fdl$1@dont-email.me> <v1ssv3$qvg3$15@i2pn2.org>
 <v1ta68$3hc9t$1@dont-email.me> <v1ub9v$v37v$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v1ugp1$3tnr6$1@dont-email.me> <v1uie1$v37v$16@i2pn2.org>
 <v23p6n$17u5o$1@dont-email.me> <v23ppq$15g3d$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v23qcc$17u5o$2@dont-email.me> <v23ra5$15fgo$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v242un$1cdll$1@dont-email.me> <v24qsq$16nbi$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v253g6$1jo3l$1@dont-email.me> <v26fe6$18ad7$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v26g9v$1vvq8$2@dont-email.me> <v26gtr$18ad7$13@i2pn2.org>
 <v26ie2$20f8s$1@dont-email.me> <v26iuo$18ad7$15@i2pn2.org>
 <v26k8e$20nen$1@dont-email.me> <v27fpj$18ad7$16@i2pn2.org>
 <v27pp4$27tqp$1@dont-email.me> <v28v14$1a3tk$19@i2pn2.org>
 <v28vsb$2f45l$1@dont-email.me> <v290i2$1a3tk$21@i2pn2.org>
 <v2937a$2jfci$1@dont-email.me> <v294e1$1a3tk$22@i2pn2.org>
 <v297m8$2k4a6$1@dont-email.me> <v2a7p7$1ct7p$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v2ad5l$2qlho$1@dont-email.me> <v2ae6h$1ct7p$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v2am4p$2sdl6$1@dont-email.me>

On 5/18/24 12:48 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/18/2024 9:32 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
>>>>

>>> You have never shown this.
>>> The most you have shown is a lack of understanding of the
>>> Truth Teller Paradox.
>>
>> No, I have, but you don't understand the proof, it seems because you
>> don't know what a "Truth Predicate" has been defined to be.
>>

> My True(L,x) predicate is defined to return true or false for every
> finite string x on the basis of the existence of a sequence of truth
> preserving operations that derive x from

And thus, When True(L, p) established a sequence of truth preserving
operations eminationg from ~True(L, p) by returning false, it
contradicts itself. The problem is that True, in making an answer of
false, has asserted that such a sequence exists.

To meet your definition, True(L, p) needs to respond some how with a
non-truth-bearing answer, which is outside its defined behavior, so it
just can not exist.

> A set of finite string semantic meanings that form an accurate
> verbal model of the general knowledge of the actual world that
> form a finite set of finite strings that are stipulated to have the
> semantic value of Boolean true.
>
> False(L,x) is defined as True(L,x).
>
>> If, as you claim p in L defined as ~True(L, p) results in True(L, p)
>> being false, then p must be a true statement...
>
> The wording of that seems to say that because p is known to be
> untrue that this makes p true.

Yep, because p is defined by p := ~True(L, p) if True(L, p) decides that
p is untrue and returns falsem then p becomes a true statement, which
True has decided incorrectly on.