Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2b8ma$2vtrm$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: When They Tell You Who They Are...
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 22:04:58 -0000 (UTC)

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>"...huddled masses yearning to be free..."

>Legally.

That's wrong. It's "breathe".

	Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
	With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
	Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
	A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
	Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
	Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
	Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
	The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

	"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
	With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
	Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
	The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
	Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
	I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"