Article <v2bem2$30s59$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2bem2$30s59$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Another FOSS Gem
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 23:47:14 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-05-18, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2024 19:41:27 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Farley Flud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Unless you are a totally subjugated distro lackey, you likely already
>>> use the great FOSS image viewer Geeqie:
>>>
>>> https://www.geeqie.org/
>>>
>>> But I am so terribly sorry.  The fantastic and unparalleled Geeqie is
>>> NOT available for that piece-of-shit OS known as Microslop Winblows.
>>>
>>> Like ALL great software, Geeqie is Unix/Linux/BSD only.
>>
>> At that site, it says it can be run on Windows 11.
>>
>>> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
>>
>> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
>>
>> The Arch Linux link don't work. Pacman doesn't see geegle or
>> extra/geegle.
>> Too lazy to look further right now.
>
> Funny enough, I notice that Pan, of all things, is not included in the
> Fedora repositories.  What the heck is that all about?

It looks like it's been "retired." Apparently whoever was maintaining it for
Fedora gave up on it. But you can still download the version for Fedora 38.
I'm guessing it would work in Fedora 40. Can't say for sure, I don't know
that much about Fedora.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."