Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2cm08$3bjci$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its
 destruction of the human experience
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 10:58:17 -0000 (UTC)
 <v1oj9j$1lpv$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <xn0olp6s8yjo17400c@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 <v1qe5p$2nt5h$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1r8db$211n$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v1scpm$3aiom$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1tm3q$1um2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v1v0v4$14g6$1@dont-email.me>
 <v20arj$2jrt$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v22idu$ua21$1@dont-email.me>
 <v23112$2n98$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v27hls$26c95$1@dont-email.me>
 <v27vrk$21vp$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote on Fri, 17 May 2024 12:13:48 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>> You don't even respond to people's point. You just repeat the same verbal
>> diarrhoea on the same single narrow, boring thing.
>
> Chris,
>
> I'm logical. I based my assessments on documented facts.

Only cherry-picked facts. That's lying by omission. Plus many things you
claim to be facts are actually opinions.

> In fact, I did respond when you said Apple supports multiple releases.
> I said that is a lie.

That's not the point of what I was saying in this thread and provided
evidence of: Apple has historically supported iphones far, far longer than
either Samsung or Google.
Let me repeat for your benefit as you cowardly snipped it before:
https://endoflife.date/iphone Oldest models still supported: 6s/6s Plus
Released: Sep 2015
No. major updates: 6

https://endoflife.date/samsung-mobile Oldest models still supported: Galaxy
A01/A51* Released: Dec 2018
No. major updates: ?

* S20 models (from 2020) are no longer supported

https://endoflife.date/pixel Oldest models still supported: Pixel 5a
Released: Aug 2021
No. major updates: 3

> Apple always has more than 1.5 times the exploits that Android has.

It was "10 times more" only a couple of days ago. You got caught lying yet
again.

>>> every
>>> operating system vendor, including Apple, fixes egregious bugs in every
>>> release, even releases a decade old - but that does not mean they fix every
>>> bug they know of in that release - and - in fact - Apple specifically
>>> states that they do NOT fix every bug they know of in any release but in
>>> the latest release. That's just a fact, Chris.
>>
>> What we don't know is why? For example, not all win11 bugs will update in
>> win10 because they are different oses.
>
> Unfortunately, you do not understand what it means to be fully patched.
> Ask badgolferman. He is an adult. He understood the instant he read the
> articles I had provided (which you show no evidence of having read).
>
> Currently Windows 10 and Windows 11 are fully supported (AFAIK).
> 1. That means all known Microsoft-caused bugs in Win10 are patched.
> 2. That means all known Microsoft-caused bugs in Win11 are patched.
> 3. Often they're the same bugs and the same patch - but not always.

And you know that how? Where's the evidence that every MS known bug is
fixed in Win11 and Win 10?

>>> My desktop PC was built in 2009, Chris, and it kicks ass because it was
>>> built by me with high end components of that day and age - and it has full
>>> operating system support for all bugs that Microsoft knows about.
>>
>> Like every corporation allows their employers to build their own high spec
>> PC. lol, no.
>
> When I was in the corporate world in the Silicon Valley, as a technical
> kind of guy, I had RedHat and Windows desktops and laptops for my use.
>
> They were replaced roughly about every two years, as I recall.
> They even replaced my keyboard and mouse and monitors as frequently.

Thanks for confirming that the arsetechnica article is based on a false
premise: no corporation would keep supporting five-year old hardware
regardless of whether MS/Apple does.