Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2d0ae$3di8c$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: When They Tell You Who They Are...
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 09:54:20 -0400

On 5/18/24 1:56 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <v2afju$2r3bt$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If this 2025 thing works, we are no longer a democracy.
>
> This country never was a democracy.

Sure is.  A Constitutional Representative Republic *IS* a form of
democracy, you dimwitted fuck.  Nobody ever called it a PURE democracy.

> America Is a Republic, Not a Democracy’ Is a Dangerous—And Wrong—Argument
> Enabling sustained minority rule at the national level is not a feature of our constitutional design, but a perversion of it. > The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our
government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their
government officials. These officials represent the citizens' ideas and
concerns in government.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/yes-constitution-democracy/616949/

According to the US Citizen and Immigration Services
USCIS.gov  (An official website of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security)

But, sure... let's go with an Oathkeeper anonyshit on Usenet's
definition.  An illiterate one, at that.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0