Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2ef4p$f2i$1@reader1.panix.com>

From: danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Texas, was: New ATF regulation on Safer Communities Act of 2022 in effect; the law made nearly all sellers gun dealers
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 03:13:30 -0000 (UTC)

>In <v20k7j$d416$1@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>>After the massacre at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, Congress
>>did something about gun control. The bipartisan Safer Communities Act of
>>2022 was the result.

>>Despite intense negotiations, it turns out that not a lot of thought was
>>put into legislative language and, once again, it was left up to ATF to
>>write regulations that would determine when criminal law would apply.

>[snip]

THe Texian AG filed suit against this, and...

[AG press release]

Attorney General Ken Paxton Secures Temporary Restraining Order Against Biden
Administration, Stopping Unlawful ATF Rule from Taking Effect

   Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has secured a temporary restraining
   order from a federal judge that prevents an unlawful rule promulgated
   by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives ("ATF")
   from taking effect while the case is litigated.
  A federal district court has halted the implementation of the ATF rule
   until June 2, 2024, so that hearings may be held.
          =====
rest:
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-secures-temporary-restraining-order-against-biden-administration

		     dannyb@panix.com