Article <v2enl9$3r9t0$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2enl9$3r9t0$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++
Subject: Re: Can someone please verify the execution trace of this?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 00:38:47 -0500

On 5/20/2024 12:09 AM, Bonita Montero wrote:
> Am 20.05.2024 um 04:43 schrieb olcott:

>>> That's not research, that's nonsense.
>>>

>> This is not the forum to show that it is not nonsense this is
>> a simple C question that I should not even have to ask except
>> for a few people in another forum that consistently lie about
>> the answer.
>>
>> I have been a professional C++ developer since Y2K. So I already
>> know the answer, I just need some competent people in this forum
>> to attest to this answer. I met Bjarne Stroustrup back when he
>> was going around the country promoting his new language.
>>

> You ask the same questions over and over again for years.
> It's like circling your thoughts before you fall asleep -
> you don't think about whether it really makes sense.

It would take three people five minutes a piece.
Then I can go back to the other forum.

They have been lying about how the above code works
consistently for two years. I know how it works. I
learned C back when K & R was the standard.

Three people take five minutes a piece to confirm the
that the last sentence is correct.

typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
00 int H(ptr p, ptr i);
01 int D(ptr p)
02 {
03   int Halt_Status = H(p, p);
[...]

H must be a pure function
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_function#

*THIS ONE SENTENCE NEEDS TO BE CONFIRMED*
For every H/D pair of the above template D correctly simulated
by H cannot possibly reach its own final state at line 06 and halt.