Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2f5v8$3tt7p$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like
 badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 09:43:04 -0000 (UTC)

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 17:12:35 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>>> <https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>
>>> "Google System updates, meanwhile, are fully automated. Originally
>>> referred to as Project Mainline, these updates fix bugs discovered
>>> in various OS components like device connectivity, location services,
>>> media services, Emergency alerts, and others."
>>
>> But does it patch every exploit in android which is what you claim Apple
>> does do? Having lots of updates on *some* things is pointless.
>
> Chris,

Answer the question.

>> Many apps also won't be updated if they're on old versions of android. So
>> again partially patching android 4.4 is pointless.
>
> What you do not understand is the non-Google apps are updated separately.

I absolutely know that, which is exactly the point. Non- google apps refuse
to update their apps on obsolete versions of android. So Google supposedly
updating some parts of Android 4.4 is a waste of time.

>>> That's way more updates than Apple gives you Chris.
>>
>> I thought more was bad? Every time there's an ios update, you rave on how
>> bad apple is at testing things. So android updates = good and apple updates
>> = bad. Got it![1]

Answer the question. Is the frequency of android updates a good thing?

>>> In addition, Apple only fully supports a single release, Chris.
>>> Yet Jolly Roger lied as recently as a few days ago about that.
>>
>> Not a lie. Facts show the reality.
>
> You're not an adult if you don't understand that everyone but you religious
> zealots knows Apple only fully patches one release & one release alone.
>
>>> Look it up.
>>
>> I have.
>
> There's a reason I call you religious zealots ignorant, Chris.
>
> a) You show zero evidence you read the cites that badgolferman did
> b) Worse, you show zero evidence that you understood them.

I have shown you the evidence several times. The fact you chose to snip it
rather address it, speaks volumes regarding your wilful ignorance.

The evidence is two-fold: 1) Apple updates older versions of ios very
regularly, 2) ios support of older hardware is *years* longer than Google
or Samsung. Their new policies will only come into reality i'm a few years.

>>> The fact is Apple only fully supports one release only.
>>> No other operating system vendor has support that sucks that bad.
>>
>> It's an acceptable model when all supported hardware can run the most OS.
>> You wouldn't expect anyone to keep a 386 up-to-date? Maybe you would.

Answer the question!