Article <v2fffc$3vr7i$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2fffc$3vr7i$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: The wacky world of FOSS begging: "Purchase a Moral License"
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 12:25:16 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-05-20, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
> Tyrone wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On May 19, 2024 at 2:25:30 PM EDT, "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "pgloader is Open Source. Purchase a Moral License to support the
>>> development of pgloader and get priority tracking for the issues that
>>> matter to you, in the context of your project."
>>>
>>> https://pgloader.io/licensing/
>>>
>>> The 'Moral Licenses' for his small Lisp program cost $1299, $2850 and $6495.
>>>
>>> I'll write my own Python and stay immoral and fed.
>>
>> You did not mention that the $6495 "Moral" license is MONTHLY. Sorry, that is
>> IMMORAL.
>>
>> $7000 monthly for a utility to load csv files into a DB? Yeah man, where do I
>> sign up?
>
>     https://github.com/dimitri/pgloader maybe?
>
> Or you could just donate to Trump's legal defense funds :-D

Ain't it just hilarious how the Democrats are using coordinated Soviet style
show trials to try to save the Zombie and Chief's perverted hide? Yeah,
that's real "democracy" in action. Be proud of your slimy party. Be very
proud. Oh, and Biden is too senile to be tried for hoarding classified
documents, don't you know. His son is paragon of virtue, there was no
illegal shenanigans in Ukraine or China, just a lot of money for the "big
guy" somehow, somewhere. (No mystery there, Biden has somehow become rich a
lifetime leach... err "public servant." The court thing is not working,
they've made Trump into a martyr. Democrat stupidity backfiring on them. I
sincerely doubt that the senile Pervert and Chief will actually run in the
general election. He's too much of a liability.

But that leaves us with Trump, so what do we really gain?

By the way, does anyone have any clue, any clue at all, what law Trump
supposedly broke in the hush trial? Have the Democrats even figured out what
they're charging him with? — or do they even have to bother seeing as this
is a Soviet-style show trial?

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."