Article <v2g35j$3ugq$5@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2g35j$3ugq$5@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Every D correctly simulated by H cannot possible reach its own
 line 06 and halt
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 13:01:23 -0500
 <v0lkas$12q0o$3@dont-email.me> <v0loq2$2g493$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0lq7d$14579$2@dont-email.me> <v0ls98$2g492$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m29q$166o1$1@dont-email.me> <v0m37e$2gl1e$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m3v5$16k3h$1@dont-email.me> <v0m55t$2gl1f$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m5sn$172p4$1@dont-email.me> <v0m7em$2gl1f$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m7tq$17dpv$1@dont-email.me> <v0m8g9$2gl1e$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m978$17k7o$3@dont-email.me> <v0mko6$2hf3s$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v0n59h$1h98e$1@dont-email.me> <v0o037$2j1tu$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v0oc65$1q3aq$3@dont-email.me> <v0p9ts$2ki5r$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v0q1rk$2a3u1$1@dont-email.me> <v0qkti$2m1nf$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0r4a3$2hb7o$6@dont-email.me> <v0rsbr$2m1nf$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v0segm$2v4oq$1@dont-email.me> <v0t8o9$2p3ri$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v0tpjf$3881i$5@dont-email.me> <v0ulma$2qov4$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v2e45j$3kf2k$1@dont-email.me> <v2e7up$1g2n9$13@i2pn2.org>
 <v2eet5$3pl2i$3@dont-email.me> <v2efoi$1g2n9$15@i2pn2.org>
 <v2eg8o$3q3cl$1@dont-email.me> <v2fbtn$1g2n8$9@i2pn2.org>

On 5/20/2024 6:24 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> What "Category", we have a specified H and an SPECIFIED D.
>>>
>>> The question is not, can H simulate D to the end, the question is
>>> does D halt.
>>>

>> *The subject is in the subject line you diverged, please try again*
>> *The subject is in the subject line you diverged, please try again*
>> *The subject is in the subject line you diverged, please try again*
>>

> And since YOU brought up the diversion, I just asked you to define it.

typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
00 int H(ptr p, ptr i);
01 int D(ptr p)
02 {
03   int Halt_Status = H(p, p);
04   if (Halt_Status)
05     HERE: goto HERE;
06   return Halt_Status;
07 }
08
09 int main()
10 {
11   H(D,D);
12   return 0;
13 }

In the above case a simulator is an x86 emulator that correctly emulates
at least one of the x86 instructions of D in the order specified by the
x86 instructions of D.

This may include correctly emulating the x86 instructions of H in the
order specified by the x86 instructions of H thus calling H(D,D) in
recursive simulation.

Execution Trace
Line 11: main() invokes H(D,D);

keeps repeating (unless aborted)
Line 01:
Line 02:
Line 03: simulated D(D) invokes simulated H(D,D) that simulates D(D)

Simulation invariant:
D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly reach past its own line 03.

For every H/D pair of the above template D correctly simulated by pure
function (thus computable function) H cannot possibly reach its own
final state at line 06 and halt.