Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2g9hc$51fq$10@dont-email.me>

From: "Chris M. Thomasson" <chris.m.thomasson.1@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++
Subject: Re: Can someone please verify the execution trace of this?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 12:50:03 -0700
 <v2fs3s$2i1u$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2g0fd$3hp3$1@raubtier-asyl.eternal-september.org>
 <v2g0oc$3j0c$1@dont-email.me> <v2g55d$4cjb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2g7fv$4nu0$4@dont-email.me> <v2g7vf$51fq$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2g882$52r2$1@dont-email.me> <v2g8c6$51fq$2@dont-email.me>
 <v2g8jq$551c$1@dont-email.me> <v2g8s8$51fq$5@dont-email.me>
 <v2g8vg$551c$4@dont-email.me> <v2g96d$51fq$8@dont-email.me>
 <v2g9es$59f0$2@dont-email.me>

On 5/20/2024 12:48 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/20/2024 2:44 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> On 5/20/2024 12:40 PM, olcott wrote:
>>> On 5/20/2024 2:38 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> *The 100% totally complete every single detail scope of my post*
>>> *The 100% totally complete every single detail scope of my post*
>>> *The 100% totally complete every single detail scope of my post*
>>>
>>> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
>>> 00 int H(ptr p, ptr i);
>>> 01 int D(ptr p)
>>> 02 {
>>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(p, p);
>>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>>> 07 }
>>> 08
>>> 09 int main()
>>> 10 {
>>> 11   H(D,D);
>>> 12   return 0;
>>> 13 }
>>> [...]
>>> For every H/D pair of the above template D correctly simulated by pure
>>> function (thus computable function) H cannot possibly reach its own
>>> final state at line 06 and halt.
>>>

>> Define H?
>
> I have two fully operational examples of H that have been fully
> operational for years. I am not talking about those. I am only
> talking this:
>
> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function
> 00 int H(ptr p, ptr i);
> 01 int D(ptr p)
> 02 {
> 03   int Halt_Status = H(p, p);
> 04   if (Halt_Status)
> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
> 06   return Halt_Status;
> 07 }
> 08
> 09 int main()
> 10 {
> 11   H(D,D);
> 12   return 0;
> 13 }
>
> Every element of an infinite set of H/D pairs matching the above
> template where H correctly simulates 1 to ∞ steps of D thus including
> 0 to ∞ recursive simulations of H simulating itself simulating D.
> *D correctly simulated by H never reaches its own line 06 and halts*

Can I create a program that your simulator will correctly say, halts or
not? If so, how? How does your simulator call into my program? Where do
I begin execution?