Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2ga5f$5b0i$1@dont-email.me>

From: knuttle <keith_nuttle@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How will the police find me.
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 16:00:46 -0400

On 05/20/2024 2:38 PM, Chris wrote:
> I presume you're kidding, but just in case, I'll answer as if you
> weren't.
No I was not kidding.  Today people have put their whole lives in a
cellphone.  They depend on it to maintain their financial records, their
shopping list.  They use it to find the places they go.   They feel they
do not need to know basic, because they think the can use
google/siri/etc when ever they need information.  I sometime wonder if
they need to google to tie their shoes.

I think it is a recipe for disaster.  They are depending for everything
in their lives based on being able to access a cell tower.   Hurricane,
tornado, earthquake and the cell system being significantly interrupted,
they will be helpless.