Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2i003$ij4u$2@dont-email.me>

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.friends
Subject: Courteney Cox Says Her Late "Friends" Co-Star Matthew Perry Still "Visits" Her "A Lot"
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 04:30:41 -0400

“Friends” actress Courteney Cox said she believes her late co-star Matthew
Perry still comes around to visit her.

The 59-year-old made the remarks while reflecting on her career during an
interview with CBS Sunday Morning.

“I think he’s probably one of the funniest human beings in the world. He’s
just so funny,” Cox said. “He is genuinely a huge heart. Obviously
struggled.”

She continued, “I’m so thankful I got to work so closely with him for so many
years. He visits me a lot, if we believe in that.”

The Emmy-nominated star said she believes Perry and her loved ones are still
around in spirit. “I’ve talked to my mom, my dad, Matthew. I feel like there
are a lot of people that are … I think they guide us. I do sense, yeah, I
sense Matthew’s around for sure,” Cox told the outlet.

The actress reflected on working with her “Friends” co-stars on the award-
winning sitcom. “I’m just so grateful that I had that opportunity to work
with such wonderful people. To live the life that I have now. That was my
family. We went through everything. Those 10 years were everything… they’re
my family,” she said at another point in the conversation.

Perry died in October 2023 at age 54. His cause of death was later ruled to
be “acute effects of ketamine.”

The actor’s former castmates, including Cox, Jennifer Aniston, David
Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, and Matt LeBlanc, released a statement shortly after
his death. “We are all so utterly devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were
more than just cast mates. We are a family,” they said at the time.

During the CBS interview, Cox reflected on how much being cast on the show
changed her life.

“That show, thank God for that show,” she said. “That was at the tail end of
when I was really running out of money. I got an audition, I went in, I read
the pilot, I said this is great, but you didn’t know how special it was. But
then when you put this cast together, our incredible writers, it was like
lightning in a bottle.”

--
Let's go Brandon!