Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2jaq8$qb6a$4@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for May 22-24, 2024
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 16:30:15 -0700

On 5/21/24 1:58 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> RM: This completes the week's programming.
>

>          Previously released:
>

> A Simple Favor    (movie)      (Netflix, May 19)
>
> Thirsty for thrills, single mom Stephanie strikes up a friendship with
> the glamorous Emily, who asks for a small favor before she mysteriously
> vanishes. 2018 film starring Blake Lively, Anna Kendrick, Henry Golding,
> Andrew Rannells, Linda Cardellini, and Jean Smart . 1hr 56m.

Also has already been to every streamer under the Sun (likely including
Netflix at least once before!).

>          Wednesday, May 22
>

> Finales:
>
> 8 pm: Jeopardy! Masters (ABC, season 2 finale); Survivor (CBS, 8-11 pm,
> season 46 finale; renewed for seasons 47-48); The Masked Singer (Fox,
> season 11 finale; renewed for season 12); Chicago Med (NBC, season 9
> finale; renewed for season 10)
>
> 9 pm: Abbott Elementary (ABC, season 3 finale; renewed for season 4);
> Chicago Fire (NBC, season 12 finale; renewed for season 13)
>
> 9:30 pm: The Conners (ABC, season 6 finale, renewed for final season 7
> of six episodes)
>
> 10 pm: Chicago PD (NBC, season 11 finale; renewed for season 12),
> grown-ish (Freeform, season 6 and series finale)

I guess I'll put "Med" on as background noise, and actually watch "Fire"...

>          Thursday, May 23
>

>      Streaming:
>

> The Kardashians         (season 5 premiere)          (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Ten episodes released weekly through July 25.

NO!!!

> Thirst With Shay Mitchell        [new; complete season 1?]         (3:01
> am, Max)
>
> Shay Mitchell explores the world one drink at a time as she visits
> exotic locations, samples unique ingredients, and meets expert hosts. On
> her journey, she encounters the latest drink trends, the best bars, and
> 8,000 years of sipping history. Four episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cQEYFUzj4

OK, so this explains why she was on "Kelly Clarkson" the other day...

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> Red Nose Day: Cheers to Ten Years       (special)         (8-9 pm, NBC)
>
> https://www.comicrelief.org/press-releases/nbc-celebrates-red-nose-days-10th-anniversary-with-hourlong-star-studded-special-set-for-may-23-at-8-p-m-et-pt

No!

> The Price Is Right at Night       (special)          (8-9 pm, CBS)

Drew!!

> Cradle of Deception       (movie)        (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Inspired by true events. When her baby is diagnosed with a rare genetic
> disorder, a widowed first-time mom races against time to find a donor,
> only to uncover a labyrinth of deceit that leads her back to the
> fertility clinic where her son was conceived. Stars Holly Deveaux,
> Matthew Dowden and Jason Cermak. Originally titled "Conceived in Lies."
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/cradle-of-deception
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30252409/

Looking forward to getting a Holly Deveaux fix, though I will have to
record this and watch it later.

> Elsbeth      (season 1 finale at special time; renewed for season 2)
> (9 pm, CBS)
>
> Followed by a repeat of episode two at 10 pm.

I'm still waiting for more reviews from Adam!!

>          Friday, May 24
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Atlas         (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Atlas Shepherd (Jennifer Lopez), a brilliant but misanthropic data
> analyst with a deep distrust of artificial intelligence, joins a mission
> to capture a renegade robot with whom she shares a mysterious past. But
> when plans go awry, her only hope of saving the future of humanity from
> AI is to trust it. Sterling K. Brown and Simu Liu also star. 1h 58m.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jokpt_LJpbw
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81012048
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14856980/

Wow - does Netflix now *own* JLo?!!

> The Beach Boys      (documentary)          (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> “The Beach Boys” is a celebration of the legendary band that
> revolutionized pop music, and the iconic, harmonious sound they created
> that personified the California dream, captivating fans for generations
> and generations to come. The documentary traces the band from humble
> family beginnings and features never-before-seen footage and all-new
> interviews with The Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine,
> David Marks, Bruce Johnston, plus other luminaries in the music
> business, including Lindsey Buckingham, Janelle Monáe, Ryan Tedder, and
> Don Was. Viewers will also hear from the group’s Carl and Dennis Wilson
> in their own words, plus view a new interview with Blondie Chaplin and
> hear audio from Ricky Fataar. 1h 53m.

There aren't enough hours in the day, unfortunately...

> War of the Worlds: Extinction     (movie)       (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> When a rogue general from the planet Emios attacks Earth, a team of
> archeologists must track down an ancient artifact that can prevent
> extinction. Stars William Baldwin, Jessy Holtermann, Kate Hodge,
> Annamaria Demara, and Michael Paré; 1 hr 24 min.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIOxxWj01Nc
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28656668/
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100021610/war-of-the-worlds-extinction

I can't believe Tubi has actually made a film series out of this!! (I
think this is #3, or possibly #4, the series...)

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> Lingo        (season 2 premiere)        (8 and 9 pm, two episodes, CBS)
>
> Regular time is 8 pm only.

Wow - nothing from Hallmark or Hallmark Mysteries this week?!