Article <v2kr3q$nc4p$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2kr3q$nc4p$2@dont-email.me>

From: Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Riding after heavy manual labor
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 09:14:34 -0400

On 5/16/2024 2:18 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> I don't believe that you own a motorized lawn mower.  Looking at your
> house using Google Earth Pro, your front yard is mostly driveway and
> isn't large enough to require a motorized lawn mower.  Most of your
> back yard is a concrete patio.  Using the measuring tool on Google
> Earth Pro, the front lawn is 32 x 17ft and the back is 16 x 25ft.  You
> would do better with a push mower and a rake.  If that takes up too
> much area in your garage, a maybe a hedge trimmer:
> "Can you Cut Grass with a Hedge trimmer?"
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvcbl7P9HYA>

For a lawn that size, and for someone of tommy's professed means, hiring
a landscape company would solve the problem, probably pretty cheap too,
and look alot better than an 80 year old went at it with a weed whacker.

> Lawn mower bags usually have a steel wire frame to prevent the bag
> from collapsing and to raise it off the ground.  The blade area is
> also protected close to the ground.  There is no way that a bag, with
> a wire frame, will get "sucked" into the blades" unless you remove the
> bag and frame and run over it with the mower.  A lawn mower does not
> have a vacuum cleaner feature that sucks things into the blade area.
> Instead, the blades form a propeller and blow lawn clippings OUT of
> the blade area.

That's kind of what I was thinking - how does the bag get sucked _in_ to
the blades? I've been mowing lawns since I was about ten, never saw that
happen.