Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2nb61$1o34j$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: New Windows AI feature records everything
 =?UTF-8?Q?you=E2=80=99ve?= done on your PC
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 08:01:05 -0400

RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-05-22, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
>> rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/05/microsofts-new-recall-feature-will-record-everything-you-do-on-your-pc/
>>>
>>> Oh, yeah, that's the killer app I've been waiting for. I might have to buy
>>> an new, unobtanium PC though.
>>
>> Microsoft... featureitis is a feature!
>>
>>> https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/05/microsofts-copilot-ai-pc-requirements-are-embarrassing-for-intel-and-amd/
>>
>> "Mommy, why is my computer fan screaming???"
>>
>> "Copilot or data mining? Bitcoin? I'm not entirely sure dear."
>
> Yep. I saw recently that Venezuela (I think) outlawed data mining because
> of its effect on their power grid.

I once visited a site advertising that it did mining. Really revved up the fan
(on Linux).

Similarly, I no longer visit Cplusplus.com because of the barrage of ads eating
up the laptop battery.  I go to cppreference.com instead now.

--
You can do very well in speculation where land or anything to do with dirt
is concerned.