Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2njso$1pq65$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-22 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 07:29:28 -0700

On 5/23/2024 6:35 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 5/23/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Yesterday, I completely finished work on one job for the semester, and
> have mostly finished another. TV-wise, I got through:
>
> Night Court (2023) (Peacock) - "The Best Dan" (ep. #2.13, the season #2
> finale).

I recorded this a couple of months ago but never got around to watching
it.  Thanks for reminding me.  :-)

> soaps: GH - Tues' and Wed's ep's. OMG! They killed Gonzo!! The
> bastards!!!... These episodes were mostly dealing with the fallout of
> Gregory's death

It's a soap.  I'm sure by next week Gregory will turn out to be still
alive and taking a shower and his death was just a dream.  That sort of
thing does still happen on soaps right?  At a minimum he must have a
twin brother in a coma with amnesia who will be waking up soon.  ;-)

(e.g. Finn drinks, and Elizabeth refuses to leave Violet
> stay with him; Chase and Brook Lynn don't leave for their honeymoon),
> and the fallout of Sonny assaulting Dex (Sonny whines to various people,
> but Dante is done with it; Kristina gets Michael to ask Dex to not press
> charges, but thinks better of it and talks to Dex directly).
>     DOOL - Wed's ep. The Brady house is finally restored after the fire,
> and Susan, Doug (Bill Hayes was actually in this episode! I wonder if it
> is his last appearance?...) and Chad can't wait to move back home.
> Maggie and Alex (still acting like an idiot!) clash; later, NuTheresa
> manages to get herself invited along with Alex moving into the Kiriakis
> mansion. NuTate tells his friend that he and Holly the Brat are still
> secretly dating, but then finds out that both of his parents will be
> chaperoning prom!!
>     Y&R - I saw a little of this - so Ashley has multiple personalities
> now?!! Meanwhile, I think Cole figured out that his and Victoria's
> daughter, Grace (Hayley Erin) is secretly up to something
> afterall(?...). Meanwhile, the Audra actress (Zuleyka Silver) has quite
> the booty on her!  ;p
>
> Chicago Med - Season finale. Hey! It's "Cyrus Renault" from GH - here
> he's playing a beat up corrections prisoner suffering from dementia,
> which gives Dr. Charles another soapbox opportunity to "educate" us
> about an issue. And, at the end, Goodwin puts her ex(?)-husband in a
> home for people with dementia.
>
> Chicago Fire - Season finale. Boden decides to go for Deputy police
> chief after all, in order to stop the EVOL!!1! careerist, played by
> Laura Allen - so this is how he is written out of being main cast.
> Meanwhile, Carver, and the new kid Damon, completely lose it
> (righteously) during a call, which ruins Carver's relationship with
> Violet, and puts Kidd off Damon. Later, Damon reveals his secret to
> Severide.
>
> Chicago PD - Season finale. Upton goes way over-the-top to save dumb
> Voight from a serial killer (who tortures Voight)... and then promptly
> quits for greener pastures (which the show doesn't even reveal!), which
> frankly didn't make sense in the context of the episode!!
>     I'm still really wondering if Bojana Novakovic has been brought on
> to be Upton's replacement...
>

> What did you watch?

This is a two-day catch up.  I watched:

The Iron Claw (HBO) 2023 biopic about the Von Erichs, 4 brothers who in
the 70s and 80s were pushed into professional wrestling by their
emotionally abusive father and the melodrama and tragedies that
followed.  The movie has lots of critical acclaim but I was underwhelmed
by it.  I just didn't care.  No one in the family was particularly
likable and have various tragedies didn't make them likable.

The Equalizer - "The Big Take" Season 4 episode 9.  McCall has to stop
yet another super criminal.  I already forgot the details.  Meanwhile
Dee and Aunt Vi go on vacation and stumble upon an after school special.
  How in the world is it that those two are constantly just randomly
encountering people in need of help?  I get that people actively seek
out the Equalizer, but what's their excuse?  At some point you'd think
they'd start to question the nature of their reality.

"Shattered" - Season 4 episode 10.  Season finale.  Mel is kidnapped.
It's amazing how frequently a team that helps people in need are in need
themselves.  But what was more interesting is Harry's super AI
apparently evolved to a wannabe Skynet.  I sure we haven't seen the last
of it.

Survivor - "Friends Going to War" - Season finale.  All the standout
personalities were voted out.  The left overs were bland and not memorable.