Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2obln$1ubc9$1@dont-email.me>

From: moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] German politician successfully prosecuted for telling the
 truth
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 17:15:34 -0400

On 5/23/2024 4:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <v2o7bi$1tkcc$1@dont-email.me>,
>   moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/23/2024 2:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> As I said, the truth is now illegal.
>>>
>>> But neither should citing the government's own crime statistics in a
>>> discussion about public policy be considered "incitement to hatred"
>>> merely because it undermines the government's immigration agenda.
>>
>> As I said, an "incitement to hatred" needn't carry any lie.
>
> And expanding on what I said, if you make truth illegal because you've
> created circumstances that allow you to claim it leads to some nebulous
> concept of 'hatred', then you've successfully muzzled all political
> opposition and have created a dictatorial society where anyone who
> speaks against you is criminalized.
>
> And this all comes from the people who are constantly bleating about the
> need to "protect muh democracy!"

There are enough laws, rules, regulations, and statutes in the world to
allow anyone to be prosecuted for (or exonerated of) anything.  The
ultimate trial arena is always in the mind of the ultimate presiding
judge.  So, if you mean to defend against this "incitement of hatred"
charge, you'll have to argue either that the very concept is
unconstitutional or that there's no valid reason it applies here.
Saying that only facts were spoken -- even with a laugh track -- is
inconsequential.