Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2ocb3$1uequ$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like
 badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 21:26:59 -0000 (UTC)

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote on Mon, 20 May 2024 09:43:04 -0000 (UTC) :
>
>> Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:

>>> Chris,
>>
>> Answer the question.
>
> I responded to every one of your questions,

You do respond (not always), but you rarely answer.

> Chris (see below), as if
> you own the same adult capacity to comprehend details as I do, Chris.
>
> In addition, after I spent a while documenting the answers for you,
> Chris - which I expect you to read and understand every cite below
> before responding, I posed a question for you in the last line of
> this missive. *Please see the last line for a question for you.*

Posting a list of links for the reader to reach a conclusion from is not an
answer.

> Just as Microsoft doesn't patch Firefox bugs, Android has a system for
> updating all the apps (it's part of the Google Play Store setup, Chris).
>
> Just as Microsoft has a monthly Patch Tuesday, Android has a monthly patch
> of every single Android device on the Internet (older than version 4.4).

Yet, major app developers choose to not support such versions of Android
because it isn't secure.

> And for platform specific bugs, Samsung and Google have full support for
> seven years now

From now, yes, but currently in use models will still only get 3-4 years.
Which is less than iphones.

> Do you understand any of that, Chris?

You don't understand the question.

>>> What you do not understand is the non-Google apps are updated separately.
>>
>> I absolutely know that, which is exactly the point. Non- google apps refuse
>> to update their apps on obsolete versions of android. So Google supposedly
>> updating some parts of Android 4.4 is a waste of time.
>
> Again, I will speak with you as if you're an adult, Chris.
> Even though this has been explained on this group umpteen times already.
>
> All non-Google apps are updated by their developers, Chris.
> Just like non-Apple apps are updated by their developers, Chris.
>
> The non-Google apps are automatically updated, by default, on Android, by
> the Google Play Store update mechanism.

Not if they're on too old versions of android.

>> Answer the question. Is the frequency of android updates a good thing?
>
> Yet again,

You've answered nothing.

>> I have shown you the evidence several times. The fact you chose to snip it
>> rather address it, speaks volumes regarding your wilful ignorance.
>
> Chris,
>
> This is why I call you Apple religious zealots what I call you.
>
> I answered all your questions so many times

No you haven't. Responding with verbatim repetition of your garbage is not
an "answer".

>> The evidence is two-fold: 1) Apple updates older versions of ios very
>> regularly, 2) ios support of older hardware is *years* longer than Google
>> or Samsung. Their new policies will only come into reality i'm a few years.
>
> Read the references, Chris. These are facts. Not trolls.
>  <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
>  <https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
>  <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
>  <https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
>  <https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
>  <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
>  <https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
>  <https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>
>
> You live in the past. That last thing you heard about Apple was from Jobs.

>> Answer the question!
>
> One more time I'm going to respond to you as if you're an adult.
> That means you need to read and undersand the response, Chris.
>
> If you can't do that, you don't own adult comprehensive skills, Chris.
> Especially for someone who claims to have a PhD in the life sciences.
>
> My Windows desktop was built in 2009 and it's still running a fully
> supported operating system that has all known bugs patched, Chris.

Yet again you're not answering the question. Should MS keep supporting a
386?