Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2ok8j$ma$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How will the police find me.
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 23:42:12 -0000 (UTC)

Chris wrote on Thu, 23 May 2024 21:47:27 -0000 (UTC) :

>> Thanks for asking. It's only fools who don't question common myths.
>> I'm a scientist.
>
> Not even close.

Tell me a single fact I've ever stated that you can prove is wrong?

HINT: You can't.

Note: There's a difference between facts & assessments of those facts.

For example, this is a fact:
 The US Census Bureau reports accident rates for every state in the US.

Assessment of that fact:
 Those accident rate reports are accurate.

Note the difference, Chris, between fact & assessment of fact.

You'll never find my facts wrong.
What you might (rightfully) disagree with are my assessments of facts.

>>My words below are written very clearly around facts.
>>
>> I'm saying we covered this many times where the US Census Bureau has been
>> publishing *ACCURATE* accident-rate statistics for all fifty (48 at the
>> start) states since the 1920s,
>
> And stopped about 10 years ago as far as I can find. Can you share a link
> which shows this accident data for the last 20-25 years?
> and their data on accident rates for each

We can google for it since it was reported in this very newsgroup, Chris.
 http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android

>> Only fools dispute facts (that's why they're fools).
>
> Looking at correlations - which is all you're doing - doesn't categorically
> answer either way. It's certainly factual information, but it doesn't make
> your global assertions facts.

As I said, most people are stupid, Chris (that's an assessment, by the way)
where they simply believe all myths they're told (e.g., they're told by
Apple that iPhones are safer than Android and they just believe it).

That's how advertising works, Chris.
And propaganda too.

The easy thing is that the fact is the accident rate has not gone up.
The assessment of that fact is the hard part.

Why do you think the accident rate trend was unchanged by cellphones?

HINT: There are multiple hypothesis's that I can come up with, btw...
1. It could be that cellphones merely replaced an existing distraction.
2. It could be cellphones save as many accidents as they cause.
3. It could be that dumb people are gonna have accidents no matter what.
4. It could be hands-free laws actually had an effect (I doubt it though).
etc.

I'm not sure *why* cellphones didn't increase the accident rate.
Note that just like all the dumbshits out there, I would have thought that
cellphones sky rocketing MUST have increased the accident rate.

But what stands me apart from the dumbshits is I looked for the numbers.
And they don't exist.

Don't blame me for not being stupid.
Commend me for telling you what you would never have thought of to check.