Article <v2q6nj$2bqhd$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2q6nj$2bqhd$2@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "The first Copilot+ PC has been tested and it destroys the
 MacBook"
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 10:03:31 -0400

On 2024-05-24 9:02 a.m., Tyrone wrote:
> On May 23, 2024 at 9:30:43 PM EDT, "Joel" <joelcrump@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.yahoo.com/tech/first-copilot-pc-tested-destroys-135658453.html
>
> Oh look.  Yet ANOTHER invalid comparison.
>
> The MacBook Air they used for this very contrived test has an 8 core M3. The
> actual low-end version.  Of COURSE the Qualcomm X elite is faster, it has a 12
> core CPU.
>
> Why don't they test against a 12 core M3 MacBook Pro? Or a 14 core model? Or a
> 16 core model?
>
> Not to mention that the M3 is last year's chip from Apple. The M4 Macbooks
> will be available soon.
>
> Apple has nothing to worry about, and Microsoft just appears to be very
> desperate by publishing these meaningless stories. "The report was compiled by
> Ryan Shrout, an ex-Intel employee who’s now a part of Signal65, and it was
> commissioned by Microsoft."

I agree that they should have compared processors with the same number
of cores. However, the point these reviewers want to make is that at the
price it will cost, the Snapdragon will beat what is available at the
same price from the competition.

I notice they're not looking at battery consumption yet. That's what
will be the most interesting to me.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch