Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2q82s$2c4sg$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Disney upfront news stories
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 07:26:34 -0700

On 5/15/2024 7:52 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> On Wed, 15 May 2024 17:15:17 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>> They lost me at Ryan Reynolds
>
> Ryan is great as Deadpool.

Welcome to Wrexam is pretty good too.  Ryan and Rob McElhenney have
great chemistry together.

>>> Some people think Jimminy Kimmel is funny. Some people...
>
> Some people are wrong.
>

>> They were right back in the man show days.

>>> Ad Chief? F*** him!!
>
> I agree, they should fire him.
>
>> Rita is a hymn? Kids these days.

>>> I'll probably watch this, though I am not expecting much.

I'll revisit WandaVision before diving into this.

>>> Anim will love that!!
>>
>> Mother of God!
>

> How will you survive having to wait till August for your new does of
> McCarthy?

I still haven't watched this show. And not having Hulu anymore doesn't help.

>>> I am not sure I will bother with the last two. Disney's TV track record
>>> has been... well, not good. And I never watched The 'Flix's "Daredevil".
>>>

>> I liked iHeart in the comics, but they kind of screwed her up in the
>> movies. Basically she was a high school girl who was poor but super smart
>> and she figured if Tony Stark could build a super suit in a cave in a shit
>> hole country she should be able to build one in her mom‘s garage. She did,
>> and Stark took her under his wing, and he’s the AI in her suit.
>
> The fact that they've been sitting on iHeart for so long doesn't
> suggest they believe in their own product.

Very frustrating, but I'll decide for myself if it's good or not.

>> I never liked the Netflix daredevil. They’d beat him to shit one night and
>> he’d be fine the next morning like he had wolverines healing power or
>> something.
>
> That seems to be standard for heroes in the Marvel universe. Doesn't
> matter that they haven't had super soldier serum or gammaized blood.
>
>> “Agatha all along“?!? WT actual F?
>> Is that the Agatha Harkness series?

If you don't mind massive spoilers for WandaVision, you can watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8u8md-NiHM