Article <v2qha9$2dous$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2qha9$2dous$2@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "The first Copilot+ PC has been tested and it destroys the
 MacBook"
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 13:04:08 -0400

On 2024-05-24 12:33 p.m., Tyrone wrote:
> On May 24, 2024 at 10:03:31 AM EDT, "Andrzej Matuch" <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
>
>> I agree that they should have compared processors with the same number
>> of cores. However, the point these reviewers want to make is that at the
>> price it will cost, the Snapdragon will beat what is available at the
>> same price from the competition.
>
> If that's all they have then again, Apple has nothing to worry about. Macs
> have always been "overpriced and underpowered", yet Macs are now 20% of the
> market and Windows is down to 70%. I remember when it was 4% Macs and 95%
> Windows.

Having had a recent Mac for a while, I will be the first to admit that
the experience using their laptop is stellar, and even better if you own
other Apple hardware. It has power, battery life, excellent transitions
from iPhone to Mac and back depending on what it detects you are doing,
and so on. MacOS also doesn't bother you, is relatively stable, it's
quiet, and seems to respect your privacy a lot more than Microsoft does.
If I didn't already have so much invested in the Windows environment, I
would happily transition to the Mac.

You can't upgrade your hardware in any way and it is unnecessarily
difficult to repair, but if you don't mind that, it's excellent.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch