Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2qtds$2g0kv$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-23 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 13:30:50 -0700

On 5/24/2024 11:57 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <v2qik1$2e38c$1@dont-email.me>,
>   Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (theatrical) Latest entry in the Mad Max
>> franchise. This is the 5th movie but it is a prequel to the 4th movie
>> and details the back story of Furiosa (Anya Taylor-Joy). The movie has
>> been getting rave reviews and absolutely lives up to the hype. I need
>> to watch part 4 again, but at this point this is either the best movie
>> in the franchise or the second best after 4. I suspect I'm going to
>> like 4 a bit more, but they definitely still knocked it out of the park
>> with this one. Visually it's pure eye candy and pretty much nonstop
>> action as the movie details how Furiosa came to live in the wasteland
>> and a war between Immortan Joe (the villain the last movie) and Dementus
>> (Chris Hemsworth) a new villain for this movie. Furiosa is caught in
>> the middle but makes the best of it. Plus she's got her own vengeance
>> quest going on too.
>
> What I liked about the Charlize Theron movie is that the stunts and SFX
> were almost all practical and used very little CGI. From the trailers,
> this one looks like it did the opposite, which is disappointing.

I don't know how much CGI was used, but I'll let this article speak for
itself:

"During production, one action sequence took 78 days to shoot, with
close to 200 stunt performers working on it daily"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furiosa:_A_Mad_Max_Saga#Production

https://www.gamesradar.com/furiosa-anya-taylor-joy-15-minute-action-sequence-interview/