Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2r3sb$15r9$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: "Edward Rawde" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: An actual circuit
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 18:20:58 -0400
References: <v2o5p4$3102$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <a38v4jpecnm460gf7ghqfgpmpespoie6f8@4ax.com> <bk815jh3skuecf1tap8o41rpgdh5kkq8o5@4ax.com> <v2qdh5$u4j$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v2qmeq$2eknc$1@dont-email.me> <v2qnhm$2586$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <uts15jlh0oo1hin58uu4a574kg5q3j9q5b@4ax.com> <v2qsu1$nc0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <1cv15jdls60tjfcndqe9qm7bgjdtchv9u9@4ax.com> <v2r325$2h00c$1@dont-email.me>

"Phil Hobbs" <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote in message
> john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 May 2024 16:22:23 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
>> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> "john larkin" <jl@650pot.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks I probably do have some copper clad board I could do that with.
>>>>

>> Use a round-end carbide dental burr. They are cheap on ebay.
>>
>> It's cool, kind of an art form. Takes some practice.
>>
>> I have a few square feet of gold-plated copperclad FR4, which is even
>> nicer. Regular copperclad looks grungy after a few months.
>>

> I'm not nearly as posh as you are

Not sure why that made me laugh.

>, so for my purposes a spritz of Krylon
> clear acrylic on a clean board is a ticket.
>
> You can solder right through it, and it keeps the copper looking nice for
> long time.

I seem to remember, a long long time ago using copper clad board, some clear
sticky tape and a very sharp knife.
Followed by Ferric Chloride.
An etch resist pen could also be used if the tape removal didn't go exactly
as planned.

But yes it's true that after removing the etch resist you might want
something to keep the copper looking nice and shiny.