Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2rcbb$2icda$1@dont-email.me>

From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: An actual circuit
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 00:45:31 -0000 (UTC)
 <v2r4od$2h9gp$1@dont-email.me>
 <aba25j94v1prpvgpd88qki5gqhrhv1pvcr@4ax.com>

john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2024 22:35:57 -0000 (UTC), Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:
>
>> Edward Rawde <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>> "Phil Hobbs" <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote in message

>>> Not sure why that made me laugh.

>>> I seem to remember, a long long time ago using copper clad board, some clear
>>> sticky tape and a very sharp knife.
>>> Followed by Ferric Chloride.
>>> An etch resist pen could also be used if the tape removal didn't go exactly
>>> as planned.
>>>
>>> But yes it's true that after removing the etch resist you might want
>>> something to keep the copper looking nice and shiny.
>
> Soft Scrub. It's basically an optical polish.

I generally use Barkeeper’s Friend on a damp paper towel. (That’s what’s
under the bathroom sink at the lab. )

>> Oh, I haven’t etched a PCB in forty-odd years. This is strictly dead-bug
>> stuff.
>>

> Insect cruelty. Plus you have to count their tiny feets backwards.

The only good bugs is dead bugs. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs  Principal Consultant  ElectroOptical Innovations LLC /
Hobbs ElectroOptics  Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics