Article <v2sica$2rbb0$11@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2sica$2rbb0$11@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "The first Copilot+ PC has been tested and it destroys the
 MacBook"
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 07:34:34 -0400

On 2024-05-24 8:09 p.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-05-24, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Having had a recent Mac for a while, I will be the first to admit that
>> the experience using their laptop is stellar, and even better if you own
>> other Apple hardware. It has power, battery life, excellent transitions
>> from iPhone to Mac and back depending on what it detects you are doing,
>> and so on. MacOS also doesn't bother you, is relatively stable, it's
>> quiet, and seems to respect your privacy a lot more than Microsoft does.
>> If I didn't already have so much invested in the Windows environment, I
>> would happily transition to the Mac.
>
> So you've gotten rid of the Mac now? That was quick.

I kept it for less than a year, but I got rid of it because I'm not good
at having two of the same thing. I can't have two video game consoles,
two computers or two cars. Whenever I do, I wholly ignore one in favour
of the other. As I told my wife, I could never have two women in my life
either. It's just against my nature.

Its battery life was fantastic as was its resistance to battery wear. It
was fine for going from class to class to take attendance or to display
a page from the workbook or whatever. However, playing videos on it
through a hub often crashed the system (it might have been the fault of
the Anker hub, a cheap one I got for $40 or so, but I didn't care), and
that thing couldn't access my movies on Microsoft Films & TV. For me,
there were nothing but advantages to just use a Windows laptop.

> The integration between smartphones and computers is apparently important to
> a lot of people. I use my smartphone so rarely that it doesn't really matter
> to me. I mostly use phones for talking and my flip phone does a great job
> for that.

Seeing how addicted students in general have become to using cell
phones, I want to use mine as little as possible. Unfortunately, the
WiFi in my school is garbage, so I constantly have to use my phone's
data (which is fine because I get 100GB at full speed and unlimited slow
speeds). I also love to listen to podcasts, and the phone is great for
that. My wife also insists on being able to contact me through Telegram,
so I have no choice but to keep one.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch