Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2tni7$32822$4@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do Microsoft?sCopilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 18:09:11 -0400

On 2024-05-25 10:13 a.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-05-25, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
>> On 2024-05-24 7:46 p.m., RonB wrote:
>>> On 2024-05-24, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
>>> <snips>

>>> I'm not an audiophile and I'm certainly not going to buy a $1,500 iPhone or
>>> $2,000 Mac simply to listen to music. What I've got sounds great to me.
>>
>> I think that most people are getting their phones the way that I got my
>> 13: through their service provider at a lower price than if they bought
>> it outright for two years worth of monthly payments. I recall that if I
>> had decided to buy the iPhone 13 directly, I would have paid around
>> $1,300. Through monthly payments for two years, the total price amount
>> to around $900. That was if I wanted to actually own the device too. If
>> I had opted to lease it, I would have paid considerably less.
>>
>> As for the Mac, you're buying one because you plan on editing videos or
>> making music. If that's not what you're doing, you want the Mac because
>> it has better battery life, better updates and a more comprehensible
>> operating system than Windows. Otherwise, Windows is fine.
>
> As I've mentioned before, Mac OS seems "clumsy" to me. Seems like you have
> to take more steps to do the same thing you can do more directly in Linux.
> But, I'm guessing, if I used it more I would get used to it. No real reason
> to get used to it though (for me anyhow).

The terminal is definitely a lot more satisfying in both Windows and
Linux than it is in MacOS. Things such as snapping windows to one side
or a corner also doesn't work, so you have to play around with them for
longer. However, the bundled technology like wireless and Bluetooth
works a lot better than it just in Windows, and the operating system
itself is a lot more consistent in its design than either Windows or ay
GUI in Linux is. There is a lot to like about it. If anyone were to put
a gun to my head and force me to abandon Windows for the Mac, I wouldn't
mind.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch