Article <v2tnmc$32822$5@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2tnmc$32822$5@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do Microsoft?sCopilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 18:11:24 -0400
 <v2oefk$1unm9$1@dont-email.me> <v2oiao$1vg9l$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2olmo$1vp5q$1@dont-email.me> <v2pdu5$27a5s$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2pvo9$2ae8o$6@dont-email.me> <v2q198$2ass0$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2q6gf$2bqhd$1@dont-email.me> <v2qbtn$2cp9j$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2qgvb$2dous$1@dont-email.me> <v2r96a$2hodo$3@dont-email.me>
 <v2shmo$2rbb0$9@dont-email.me> <v2srv8$2t7vu$8@dont-email.me>

On 2024-05-25 10:18 a.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-05-25, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:

>>> It doesn't have ads if you use uBlock Origin either.
>>
>> True, but my being a Catholic makes me reluctant to use services in a
>> way that doesn't benefit the provider. I stopped blocking ads a while
>> back and pay to support the sites I most often frequent. If I am not
>> interested in paying and a site becomes needlessly annoying to use, I
>> simply check out an alternative.
>
> I look at it differently. The site is available. uBlock Origin is available.
> I'm not shedding any tears for Google. If there is a small site I do unblock
> ads on it. If it's a huge corporate site, I don't care. I especially despise
> ads on a site where I buy something.

For me, the ads are only fair. I've used Brave for a while and blocked a
bunch of ads, but it eventually became clear that if the webmaster
didn't mind my not seeing the ads, they would have removed them
themselves. The fact that the site is often bombarded with that crap
means that they do rely on the income they receive from it, and I have
no right to use their content without their source of income without
their permission. I'm trying to be a better person with age.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch