Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2to7v$32822$9@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: The Only DE For REAL MEN
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 18:20:47 -0400

On 2024-05-25 12:41 p.m., chrisv wrote:
> Andrzej Matuch wrote:
>
>> He has an excellent delivery though, you can't fault him for that
>
> Maybe that's enabled when one has no shame whatsoever.
>
>> Unlike many of you, I don't feel as though my identity is somehow harmed
>> when someone points out the flaws of the operating system I've chosen to
>> use, so I just find it funny.
>
> When "pointing out flaws", attitude is everything.  Those with bad
> attitudes should not expect friendly responses.
>
> Also, DumFSck (and all of the other haters) went way past "Linux has
> flaws" or "Linux is inferior".  They all used idiocy and lies to
> attack decent, reasonable, FOSS advocates.

In the end, they all have to admit they love Linux or they wouldn't be
spending as much time as they do around here. I love Linux even though
my hardware doesn't often cooperate with it. My current computer does,
but I've shot myself in the foot by investing so heavily in Microsoft's
platform that migrating would require me to sacrifice something. Had I
continued buying DVDs and ripping them like I used to - because I
believed in truly _owning_ a product I bought - I wouldn't be in this
predicament. Unfortunately, when Linux makes me angry, I often
"retaliate" by jumping back into Windows hard and buying exclusive
content... like a housewife who sleeps with some loser to spite her
husband. It's sad, but I'm admitting to it.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch