Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2ugp1$1gmdm$1@paganini.bofh.team>

From: Karen Bass Klown Show <dumb-politicians@democrats.org>
Newsgroups: alt.los-angeles,talk.politics.guns,talk.politics.misc,alt.sculpture,talk.environment
Subject: Santa Monica pottery studio responds after video surfaces of
 employees dumping glaze in storm drain
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 22:19:54 -0700

Subject repaired.

A ceramics studio chain store in Santa Monica is facing backlash from
the community after video surfaced of their employees disposing dirty
water into a storm drain.

Color Me Mine Santa Monica, a franchise of the paint-your-own-pottery
chain Color Me Mine, is located on Main Street in Santa Monica.

The video, which was posted, then deleted from Reddit, depicted an
employee dumping what appeared to be green paint-tinted water or glaze
down a storm drain with a “No Dumping” stamp above it while their
coworker stood by.

In a video posted to Instagram by the user @psyskoh, one of the
employees can be heard saying “Who cares? It’ll rain.”

Although the exact date that the video was taken was not immediately
known, the Reddit post was published last Tuesday and the Instagram post
on Thursday.

In a statement posted to Facebook, Color Me Mine Santa Monica apologized
to the Santa Monica community as well as “customers new and old.”

“We at Color Me Mine want to give our deepest apologies and take
accountability for our employees’ actions,” the statement read in part.
“These actions were not enforced, condoned nor recommended by management
nor ownership.”

The ceramics studio said that they are “ashamed that such a huge
mistake…caused by one of [their] own” occurred just feet from their
store and expressed that what the employee did was not only not standard
procedure, but this was also the first time an incident like this
happened in the 15 years they have been at that location.

“Please recognize that these actions are wrong and are being handled,
and most definitely are not representative of the entirety of our
store,” the statement continued. “We are working with the city to pay
for fines and the cleanup process as well.”

Color Me Mine Santa Monica did note that the glaze in the video is
non-toxic, water based and soluble.

According to the store’s statement, the employees in the video have been
reprimanded and the entire staff has undergone training on how to
properly dispose of glaze in the future.

Reports from the Santa Monica Daily Press indicate that Color Me Mine
employees have received death threats and now fear for their personal
safety due to the “lapse in judgement.”

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/santa-monica-pottery-studio-responds-after-video-surfaces-of-employees-dumping-glaze-in-storm-drain/