Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2vbu7$3dfd8$7@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Anti-FOSS Lunacy (was Re: Another FOSS Gem)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 09:03:03 -0400
 <v2ccdn$39nup$1@dont-email.me> <v2k2ts$125gv$1@dont-email.me>
 <6650cabc$0$7540$426a74cc@news.free.fr> <lbca5tFk89cU4@mid.individual.net>
 <hvs15jhdijholho12ejhsbt6amjvie817s@4ax.com>
 <lbcda7Fl4fhU1@mid.individual.net> <v2smb0$2sg74$1@dont-email.me>
 <lbf6h0F38i3U1@mid.individual.net>

rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Sat, 25 May 2024 08:42:08 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> I got the LPIC certification years ago. It was a lot of command-line
>> admin stuff, some of it out-of-date.
>
> Did it do anything for you professionally?

Nothing except giving me some free training and billable time taking the
test. And time doing something that was fun for me.

> I imagine the expensive Microsoft wallpaper helped if you worked for large
> companies but I was never sure about Linux or other certification programs.

The company paid for training, surprisingly.

> I've always worked for small ( < 200) companies that were casual about
> formalities. You could either do the job or you were looking for a new
> one.

Heh, I was basically on the same team for a couple decades, moving through
a couple of buy-outs.

--
Conscience doth make cowards of us all.
		-- Shakespeare