Article <v2vqou$26570$5@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2vqou$26570$5@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D correctly simulated by pure function H cannot possibly reach
 its, own line 06 ---
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 13:16:14 -0400
 <v2t8o0$2vna0$3@dont-email.me> <v2t9tj$22aq1$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tajd$2vna0$6@dont-email.me> <v2tdre$22aq1$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tfms$30u1r$3@dont-email.me> <v2tgv2$22aq0$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v2th6a$319s1$1@dont-email.me> <v2tjpr$22aq1$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tk9i$31qgp$1@dont-email.me> <v2tkit$22aq0$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tl8b$31uo4$2@dont-email.me> <v2tm5d$22aq0$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tnr1$32e7p$1@dont-email.me> <v2tp5n$22aq0$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tpdg$32me8$2@dont-email.me> <v2tptp$22aq1$13@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tq50$32r0d$2@dont-email.me> <v2tqh7$22aq1$15@i2pn2.org>
 <v2tr68$32uto$1@dont-email.me> <v2trch$23vgp$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v2trts$331vq$1@dont-email.me> <v2tsub$23vgp$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v2u0o5$33mgp$1@dont-email.me> <v2u2uf$23vgp$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v2u5a0$349br$2@dont-email.me> <v2u6if$23vgo$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v2u7fj$38fjo$1@dont-email.me> <v2v79q$25ell$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v2vg1g$3e8pb$4@dont-email.me> <v2vo5h$26570$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v2vpt6$3g0m3$3@dont-email.me>

On 5/26/24 1:01 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/26/2024 11:31 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
>> On 5/26/24 10:13 AM, olcott wrote:
>>> On 5/26/2024 6:43 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
>>>
>>> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function in C
>>> 00       int H(ptr p, ptr i);
>>> 01       int D(ptr p)
>>> 02       {
>>> 03         int Halt_Status = H(p, p);
>>> 04         if (Halt_Status)
>>> 05           HERE: goto HERE;
>>> 06         return Halt_Status;
>>> 07       }
>>> 08
>>> 09       int main()
>>> 10       {
>>> 11         H(D,D);
>>> 12         return 0;
>>> 13       }

>>> Since we can see (and you already agreed) that D correctly simulated
>>> by pure simulator H remains stuck in infinite recursive simulation then
>>> we also know that D never reaches its own line 06 and halts in less
>>> than an infinite number of correctly simulated steps.
>>
>> But it depends on what H actually does, which you refuse to agree to.
>>

> When I specify that D is correctly simulated by pure function H, that
> means that H is a pure simulator that stops simulating D after some
> finite number of correctly simulated steps. There is absolutely nothing
> else that needs to be known about H besides this.

And, do you accept that this exact description means that H is NOT the
computational equivalent of a Turing Machine, and that this simulation
doesn't prove that its input is not a non-halting program?

Failure to acknowledge this means that you don't understand the meaning
of the terms you used, and that you accept the implications.