Article <v30qbk$3r9ap$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v30qbk$3r9ap$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "The first Copilot+ PC has been tested and it destroys the
 MacBook"
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 02:15:16 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-05-26, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On 2024-05-26 8:16 a.m., RonB wrote:
>
>>> Had I known how annoying it was going to be to sell on Ebay, and how
>>> much I would have to sacrifice of the price in fees, I might have just
>>> kept it. The cut eBay takes is a crime.
>>
>> I haven't sold anything on eBay for a while now. They've got everything
>> against the small seller.
>
> It's precisely that. You'll put your item up for sale or a price, do
> your best to be as accurate as possible, but you're at the mercy of the
> buyer who will claim that there's a scratch, dent or whatever which
> wasn't mentioned in the original ad. At best, they'll want a small
> refund. At worst, they'll demand a complete refund but never send your
> item back. People really have to be careful not to refund until they've
> received their item back because people are definitely gaming the
> system. In fact, that's what happened with this buyer whose behaviour
> was sketchy from the beginning. He claimed there was a dent, wanted a
> complete refund, didn't get his money back immediately because I
> researched him and found out that he once never returned a laptop and
> some music device, so he settled for a small rebate because he realized
> that I wasn't going to allow him to have the machine for free.

The last thing I sold on eBay was a cell phone. It was like new. (I didn't
like it so it went into the box for about a year.) The person who bought it
gave it to his father. The buyer said it didn't work. I repeatedly asked
him, what's not working on it? Finally he said, his father "didn't like it."
I told him I didn't refund for buyer's remorse. eBay had other ideas and
forced me to take it back, so I had to buy postage. Somehow they sent it
back to the wrong address. I told eBay I never got it back, they said it was
"delivered" and deducted the full price. So not only did I give away my
phone, I paid for shipping both ways.

By the time you pay the fees and shipping it's definitely not worth the
hassle (even if you do get paid).

>>> At work, I've become so annoying with telling the kids to put their
>>> phones in their pockets that they do so at the sight of me. Some kids
>>> actually asked me what I have against them. First, they're not supposed
>>> to be using them in the hallways or certain rooms; there are designated
>>> locations for their drug. However, the real reason is become the kids
>>> have become shockingly uninteresting as a result of social media, and
>>> they are in worse physical shape than a man three times their age (me).
>>> I keep telling them that my confiscating that crap would be doing them a
>>> favour.
>>
>> I think kids are so used to not listening to anyone (including their
>> parents) that they become genuinely shocked when someone actually forces
>> them to do what they're told or obey the rules.
>
> Yep, and they're not used to the fact that some teachers (me) don't mind
> confronting them about their idiotic behaviour. Many of my co-workers
> not only never show up for their monitoring duty (and I assume they
> never get penalized either), but they do a half-assed job if they do.
> They apply none of the rules, don't move from their initial position
> (guaranteeing that someone will do something idiotic), and turn a blind
> eye to kids using their phones right in front of them because they don't
> want to be the bad guy. When the kids see that I am in their face and
> that I don't care that they feel disrespected by my approach, they are
> genuinely shocked.

What's funny is that often is the teachers who maintain discipline who are
remembered well once kids grow up. It's the teachers who want to be the
kids' "buddies" who are ridiculed. (At least that's the way it was when I
went to school — many years ago.)

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."