Article <v30upc$26571$7@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v30upc$26571$7@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_A_simulating_halt_decider_applied_to_the_The_Peter_?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?Linz_Turing_Machine_description_=E2=9F=A8=C4=A4=E2=9F=A9?=
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 23:30:52 -0400
 <v2tp5n$22aq0$9@i2pn2.org> <v2tpdg$32me8$2@dont-email.me>
 <v2tptp$22aq1$13@i2pn2.org> <v2tq50$32r0d$2@dont-email.me>
 <v2tqh7$22aq1$15@i2pn2.org> <v2tr68$32uto$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2trch$23vgp$1@i2pn2.org> <v2trts$331vq$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2tsub$23vgp$2@i2pn2.org> <v2u0o5$33mgp$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2u2uf$23vgp$4@i2pn2.org> <v2u5a0$349br$2@dont-email.me>
 <v2u6if$23vgo$3@i2pn2.org> <v2u7fj$38fjo$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2v79q$25ell$2@i2pn2.org> <v2vg1g$3e8pb$4@dont-email.me>
 <v2vo5h$26570$3@i2pn2.org> <v2vpt6$3g0m3$3@dont-email.me>
 <v2vqou$26570$5@i2pn2.org> <v2vrcl$3gakv$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2vslp$26570$6@i2pn2.org> <v301m6$3hcgb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v305j9$26571$1@i2pn2.org> <v30e5l$3lerc$1@dont-email.me>
 <v30fbr$26570$9@i2pn2.org> <v30hiq$3lv80$1@dont-email.me>
 <v30jb5$26571$2@i2pn2.org> <v30pr8$3r67p$1@dont-email.me>
 <v30rvv$3riij$1@dont-email.me> <v30t8u$26571$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v30u04$3rour$1@dont-email.me>

On 5/26/24 11:17 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/26/2024 10:05 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *To other reviewers that are not dishonest*
>>> The complete proof of the above statement is that when we hypothesize
>>> that embedded_H is a UTM we can see that:
>>
>> i.e. when we assume it is something it isn't, i.e we LIE to ourselves.
>>
>> If you assume embedded_H is something it isn't,
>
> Not at all.
> *It looks like you may be utterly clueless about what-if scenarios*
You can only ask what-ifs about things that are possible.

> What-if embedded_H was a UTM would ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ correctly simulated
> by embedded_H reach its own simulated final state of ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩ ?
> (a) YES
> (b) NO
> (c) DISHONEST HONEST ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT

So, If your H was a UTM, and H^ built on that, then embedded_H would be
a UTM and H^ (H^) would be non-halting as would H (H^) (H^).

If your H wasn't actually a UTM, and H^ was built on that H, then when
you assume embedded_H is a UTM and give it that (H^) (H^) then, since
the hypothetical doesn't change the input, then this hypothetical
embecced_H (which isn't the embedded_H that H^ uses) applied to the
input (H^) (H^) would reach a final state.

You get this sort of paradox when you assume things that are not true.

So, you need to clarify your Hypothetical to see which case it is that
you are actually trying to look at.

Are you STIPULATING that you H is actually that UTM that you are
hypotosizing your embedded_H to be.

Or, are you just giving the input to embedded_H, which isn't actually a
UTM, to a UTM to see what it will do.

The first shows that you H fails to be a decider.

The second shows that you answer is wrong.

Note, in both cases we need H^ to be built on the copy of the ACTUAL H
that you are claiming is correct, not a hypothetical embedded_H that
defers from that H.

If you hypothosize about changing H^, then the answer you get it just
not applicable to the original problem, as different inputs can have
different answers.

> *We can't bounce all around this point like a manic person on meth*
> *We can't bounce all around this point like a manic person on meth*
> *We can't bounce all around this point like a manic person on meth*

And you can't keep on assuming falsehoods and claim to get valid answers.

That just proves that you are just a pathological liar.