Article <v31tla$12rc$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v31tla$12rc$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: OT: The "vaccine" that just keeps on giving.
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 12:17:46 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-05-27, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On 2024-05-26 3:17 p.m., vallor wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 May 2024 12:11:14 -0400, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote
>> in <v2vmv3$3fc8e$4@dont-email.me>:

>>> Then I wonder what the illness was. It's a sad thing to see such a young
>>> man condemn himself to Hell through suicide.
>>
>> Damnation doctrine is spiritual terrorism.
>>
>> You should consider why you would think such a hateful thing,
>> and if you're honest with yourself, be ashamed.
>
> Catholic teaching is clear about the consequences of suicide or
> euthanasia. I also don't believe that the people who advocate for
> abortion and simultaneously think that euthanasia or suicide is neat
> have any kind of grasp on morality.

But Catholicism also teaches us not to judge whether someone is damned or
not — that's up to God. For a sin to be mortal it requires that it be a
grave matter (check), with full knowledge and deliberate consent. Grayson
Murray was a Christian, but I don't know if he was Catholic (and even if he
was Catholic, Vatican II Catholicism does a terrible job of teaching the
doctrines of the Faith now). It's questionable whether he had full knowledge
and deliberately consented to what he might not have known was a mortal sin.
And, if he suffered mental health issues, it's questionable whether he was
even able to give deliberate consent with full knowledge. If you have mental
health issues you're probably not going to be able to think clearly about
the consequences of your actions.

I would definitely pray for his soul. God is not a legalistic Pharisee.

As for the "damnation doctrine" being "spiritual terrorism," it's actually
not. It's how people become cognizant to the fact that there are
consequences for their evil actions. Without justice there can be no mercy.
And mercy is not hard to obtain. It does require humility, however. The
cardinal sin of Satan was pride.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."