Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v331vt$r36s$1@solani.org>

From: Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Small magnetic tunable filter for 6G and beyond
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 00:37:49 +0200

Am 27.05.24 um 20:06 schrieb john larkin:

> Does satellite nevigation need a low-Q tunable bandpass filter? There
> are great SAW-type resonators around with better filtering, no magnets
> required.

The one thing one would not want in a GPS-like receiver is a
high-Q antenna filter with its high and unstable group delay.

And there are no SAW filters you could really buy above a FEW
GHz, apart from some WLAN frequencies where nobody cares if
it works today or not. Just checked DigiKey again.

At 10 GHz, I'm limited to copper pipe end caps for ham
radio use and DiElectric resonators for our medical electron
spin stuff. Both not really tunable.

Gerhard.