Article <v34d88$igqt$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v34d88$igqt$1@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: DFS & SWEET JOE BIDEN.
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 06:56:08 -0400

On 5/27/24 7:12 PM, Andrzej Matuch wrote:
> On 2024-05-27 7:09 p.m., -hh wrote:
>> On 5/26/24 11:13 AM, Relf wrote:
>>> DFS:

>>> Every day, the "IDIOT" epitaph becomes more apropos of you, DFS.
>>>
>>> Only the FDA can provide VACCINE SAFETY DATA & they HIDE it;
>>

>> Just what is the FDA allegedly "hiding", Relf?
>>
>> Be specific.
>>
>> And also be specific in providing documentation that shows that this
>> was a change done just for CoVid which differs from the past practice
>> of protecting the privacy of research volunteers, because "hiding"
>> some information has been standard practice for decades.
>>
>> For example, do not claim that they're keeping the identity of each
>> volunteer participant confidential, because that's been standard
>> practice since the 1970s.
>>
>> The research data is provided in what's known as "de-identified".
>>
>> But even this has changed within the past decade (before 2019),
>> because its been found that "big data" data mining is able to
>> "Re-Identify" if individual datapoints are provided.  That's why data
>> is now published in aggregate, not individualized but anonymous (e.g.
>> de-identified).
>>
>> IIRC, the change was prompted by the Governor of Massachusetts who
>> IIRC made some crass comment about how current health data protections
>> were already overkill.  Some researchers proved him wrong by
>> Re-Identifying him in the health records to show that said medical
>> records were in fact, not adequately protected.  Here's the cite:
>>
>> "The 'Re-Identification' of Governor William Weld's Medical
>> Information: A Critical Re-Examination of Health Data Identification
>> Risks and Privacy Protections, Then and Now"
>> (July 2012)
>>
>> https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2076397
>>
>> FYI, the general "best practices" is to hold the PII/PHI in confidence
>> for 75 years before it is released to the public.  This is because
>> most consents are from adults (age 18+), since 18+75 = 93 years, as
>> ~95% dying by age 95.
>>
>> For some populations (eg, children) longer durations can get used;
>> there's also been discussions to increase 75 years to a higher value
>> because of trends of improving longevity (as per Actuarial tables).
>
> In other words, "don't believe your lying eyes and ears, folks."

Nope.  All you're doing is showing that you don't have a clue.

This branch of science has had legal protections for decades to protect
the privacy of those people who have _volunteered_ to be in a study.

If you've ever had any new drug or medical procedure over the past ~50
years, you've been a beneficiary.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Helsinki>

So if you don't want to be a hypocrite, then stop accepting use of any
new drugs or medical procedures.  Oh, and stop driving any car designed
later than ~1975 too ... because crash data research.  Good luck.

-hh